Welcome to the 2023 Cheer Season
Twin Boro Cheer focuses on teamwork, confidence, and fun!
The program is open to Mendham and Chester students entering Grades 1-8 this Fall.
Our goal is to provide our cheerleaders with a motivating, exciting, and challenging experience.
New Cheerleaders Welcome! We are excited to add enthusiastic cheerleaders into our program. No previous experience necessary.
- Cheerleaders are expected to purchase cheer gear from our online store, open May 15-26 .
- There is an optional fitting session to try on samples on May 24.
- Cheer uniforms (skirt, vest, jacket) are on loan from Twin Boro Cheer and returned at the end of season. Refundable deposit is required. Poms are on loan for Grades 1 & 2.
- Camp is from Mon., August 14 - Thurs., August 17 at a Mountain View Middle School, Mendham.
- Grades 1-2/ Camp from 9-12:30 each day
- Grades 3-8/ Camp from 9-2 each day
- Cheerleaders are taught the season’s halftime routine, sideline cheers, dances, and stunts.
- Attendance at camp is required.
- Practices will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting Sept. 5 from 4:30-6pm (4:30-5:30pm for gr. 1-2) at Mendham Borough Park.
- In October, practices may be held solely on Thursdays (subject to coaches’ discretion).
- Practices run through the first week of November. All Thursday practices are mandatory.
- Additional clinics and practices may be held the last 2 weeks of August. Attendance is encouraged, but not mandatory.
- NOTE: For the safety of all cheerleaders, earrings are not allowed to be worn at practices or games. Any new piercings should occur no later than July 1 as earrings are required to come out during the season.
- Twin Boro Cheerleaders walk in the Mendham Labor Day parade on Sept. 4.
- Parade practice will be held for those who would like to march in the parade on Aug. 31 at 4:30pm at Mendham Borough Park.
- Cheerleaders cheer at Twin Boro football games on weekends in the fall, after Labor Day.
- Home games for Grades 3-8 are played at Mendham High School; away games are played in nearby towns. Games are played on either Saturdays or Sundays.
- Football game schedules are released at the end of August and are subject to change.
- Grades 1 & 2 cheerleaders will cheer for Flag Football. Home games will be played at Mosle Field in Mendham on Saturday mornings; away games will be played in nearby towns on Friday nights. Flag football schedule will be released at the beginning of September.
- Consistent attendance at games is required.
- Cheerleading is a team sport that requires consistent participation from every member. A cheerleader's absence from a practice or game negatively affects the team's ability to practice safely and inhibits the team from being able to perform their cheers, stunts, or routines in an optimal fashion.
- Excessive absences will place your child at a disadvantage in learning the routine, cheers or stunts and could limit of her involvement in the halftime routine.
- Twin Boro Cheer has excellent volunteer opportunities for parents to get involved.
- Committees include Spirit Wear, Uniforms, Squad Photographer, and Camp Prep.
Registration Cost Grades 1-2 $125 / Grades 3-8 $175
Camp Cost Grades 1-2 $85 / Grades 3-8 $110
*Payment for registration and camp due June 1. Credit card, Venmo, or check is accepted.
Cheerleaders and their parents are asked to read the Handbook (in Cheer Documents tab).
For questions or more information, please contact us at email@example.com.