Welcome to Twin Boro Bears Cheerleading!
We are preparing for the 2018 TBB Cheerleading Season.
We will be holding our CHEER CAMP starting Monday, August 13th through Thursday, August 16th, 2018, location TBD. Be sure to mark your calendars as CHEER CAMP is mandatory for all cheerleaders.
Cheer Board Members Needed
There are Twin Boro Cheer board positions which have opened up. These positions are crucial to the operation of the Cheer Program. It’s a great way to get involved. Typically, these duties can be done on your own time.
Treasurer for 2018 Season
- deposit checks
- write checks
- reconciling bank account
Registration/ Communications for 2019 season; we are looking to have 1 or 2 parents shadow the current board members in the 2018 season and then take over for the 2019 season. Responsibilities include...
- overseeing online registration
- keeping track of registration and camp payments
- oversee communication with TB Cheer families via cheer website, Facebook page and email
Coaches Needed Too
We are looking for coaches for Grades 1, 2 & 3. Responsibilities include...
- supervising squad at camp, practices and games
- communication with squad's parents
- no cheerleading experience necessary
Please reach out to Amy Golier at
if you are interested these Board or Coaching positions.
Cheer FAQ - What Do You Need to Know
TB Cheer is opened to Mendham and Chester kids entering Grades 1 - 8 in Fall 2018.
Cheer is organized by grade level and runs from mid-August until the beginning of November.
Each squad as two adult coaches who are Rutgers certified.
Registration is opened from April 1 - May 31 at www.twinborobears.org.
Here’s what to expect…
Cheer camp is from Monday, August 13 - Thursday, August 16 at a local school TBD.
Grades 1 & 2 -- Camp runs from 9-12:30 each day.
Grades 3 - 8 – Camp runs from 9-2 on M, Tu, W and 9-12:30 on Th.
Camp is mandatory for ALL cheerleaders.
TB Cheerleaders walk in the Mendham Labor Day parade on Monday, September 3. Parade practice is on Thursday, August 30.
- Mandatory practices are every Thursday from 4:30-6, from September 6 - November 8 at Mendham’s Boro Park. (Grade 1 -2 squads may end earlier than 6)
- Each squad has an additional practice each week in September, which is encouraged but not mandatory. The day is determined by the squad coaches.
- Cheerleaders cheer at Twin Boro Bears football games, which take place on Friday nights or weekends in the fall.
- Home games are played in Mendham or Chester; away games are played in nearby towns.
- Days and times of games are released at the end of August. Once football schedule is released, game times are subject to change. TB Cheer has no control over the schedule or any changes in time.
- Games are mandatory. Cheerleaders are to arrive 1 hour before game for practice or specified by coach.
- Flag Games – Grades 1 & 2 Cheerleaders will cheer for Flag Football. Flag Football typically has a less competitive, intermural structure to their games. These games will likely be in the same location and time each week. Subject to change.
Cheer Gear & Spirit Wear Sale
- All cheerleaders must attend the Cheer Gear & Spirit Wear Sale on Wednesday, June 6, at a local school TBD, to try on and purchase mandatory cheer gear and optional spirit wear.
- Mandatory cheer gear includes sneakers, boycut briefs, fleece, cheer bag, gloves, ear warmers, warmup pants, midriff shirt and pom poms.
- Many items can be used year after year. Older cheerleaders pass down their gently used cheer gear (available at the sale).
- Each new cheerleader receives a game bow, cheer socks and camp t-shirt.
- Returning cheerleaders receive cheer socks and camp t-shirt.
- Uniforms (skirt, shirt, jacket) are borrowed from the TB Cheer organization (along with a $150 refundable deposit), distributed at camp and returned at the end of season.
- Cheerleading is a team sport that requires consistent participation from each and every member; therefore, Thursday practices and games are mandatory. If one member is missing, the team will not be able to practice and/or perform their choreographed routine and stunts safely and effectively.
- Our attendance policy is that all Cheerleaders will be allowed no more than 3 absences from practices and games combined (excluding religious holidays) during the “regular” season. This policy will be enforced. For more details, please read the "2018 TB Cheer Handbook" found in the Cheerleading Docs section of this website.
Cost of Registration
Grades 1 & 2 $105
Grades 3 - 8 $155
Cost of Camp
Grades 1 & 2 $85
Grades 3 - 8 $110
TB Cheer base program registration fee is refundable:
Prior to August 1, 2018 – 100% less $25.00
Prior to September 1, 2018 – 50%
September 1, 2018 and after – 0% refund
Cheer Gear and Spirit Sale is non-refundable.
Cheerleaders and their parents are encouraged to read the Handbook found on the twinborobears.org website under Cheer Documents.
Be sure to keep checking the updates tab regularly for program updates and announcements. Follow us on Facebook at Twin Boro Bears Cheerleading.