WELCOME TO TWIN BORO CHEERLEADING
Twin Boro Cheer is open to Mendham and Chester kids entering Grades 1 - 8 in Fall 2019.
Cheer is organized by grade level and runs from mid-August through early November.
Each squad has at least two adult coaches who are Rutgers SAFETY certified.
We focus on teamwork, building confidence and having fun.
Registration is open from April 1 - May 31 at www.TwinBoroBears.org
New Cheerleaders Welcome
Twin Boro Cheer is always excited to add new enthusiastic cheerleaders into our program.
No previous cheerleading or tumbling experience necessary.
Cheer Gear & Spirit Wear Sale
- All cheerleaders must attend the Cheer Gear & Spirit Wear Sale on Tuesday, June 4 at a local school TBD to try on and purchase mandatory cheer gear and optional spirit wear.
- Many items can be used year after year. Cheerleaders pass down their gently used cheer gear, which will be available at the sale.
- New cheerleaders are gifted a game bow, cheer socks and camp t-shirt.
- Returning cheerleaders are gifted cheer socks and camp t-shirt.
- Uniforms (skirt, vest, jacket) are on loan from Twin Boro Cheer, distributed at camp and returned at the end of season.
- Cheer camp is from Monday, August 12 - Thursday, August 15 at a local school TBD.
Grades 1 & 2 – Camp runs from 9-12:30 each day.
Grades 3 - 8 – Camp runs from 9-2 on M, Tu, W and 9-12:30 on Th.
- Cheerleaders are taught the season’s halftime routine, sideline cheers, and stunts. Camp is run by Mendham High School Competition Cheer Team and Twin Boro Cheer.
- Camp is mandatory for ALL cheerleaders.
- Twin Boro Cheerleaders walk in the Mendham Labor Day parade on Monday, September 2.
- Cheerleaders must be present at the August 29th practice in order to participate.
- Mandatory practices are every Thursday from 4:30-6, from August 29 - October 24 at Mendham Borough Park. (Grades 1 & 2 may end earlier than 6.)
- Each squad has an additional practice each week in September, which is encouraged but not mandatory. The day is determined by the squad coaches.
- Cheerleaders cheer at Twin Boro Bears football games, which take place on Friday nights or weekends in the fall.
- Home games are played in Mendham or Chester; away games are played in nearby towns.
- Game days and times are released at the end of August and are subject to change.
- Games are mandatory. Cheerleaders are to arrive 30-45 minutes before game for practice.
- Flag Games: Grades 1 & 2 Cheerleaders will cheer for Flag Football, which is typically a less competitive, intermural structure. These games will likely be in the same location and time each week. Subject to change.
- Cheerleading is a team sport that requires participation from each and every member. If members are missing, the team will not be able to practice and/or perform their choreographed routine and stunts safely.
- Our attendance policy states that all Cheerleaders will be allowed no more than 3 absences from practices and games combined (excluding religious holidays) during the “regular” season. This policy is enforced.
- Twin Boro Cheer has great volunteer opportunities for parents to get involved.
- Committees include Fundraising, Spirit Wear, Uniforms, Picture Day and Camp Prep.
- Open board positions include Treasurer, PR Co-Chair and Coaches for Grades 1, 3, & 4.
Cost of Registration
Grades 1 & 2 $105 Grades 3 – 8 $155
Cost of Camp
Grades 1 & 2 $85 Grades 3 - 8 $110
TB Cheer base program registration fee is refundable:
- Prior to August 1, 2019 – 100% less $25.00
- Prior to September 1, 2019 – 50%
- September 1, 2019 and after – 0% refund
Cheerleaders and their parents are encouraged to read the Handbook found on the www.TwinBoroBears.org website under Cheer Documents.
Please contact Cheer President, Amy Golier at
with any questions.